Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Telling my Gremlins to SHUT UP!!!

Is anyone else experiencing creative blocks due to all the economic uncertainties? Arggg. Sometimes I feel like I'm living with a shadowy little gremlin who mutters every possible discouragement. 'The last thing that anyone will spend money on in this economy is art, especially not pottery and double especially not jewelry.' Shut up!

These whispery little gremlins are invariably echoing something we've heard recently. Naysayers and crazymakers we encounter take up residence in our minds. To make it all crazier, the news now sounds like Aunt Ethyl with her gloomy predictions about everything.

So today I am banishing the inner gremlins, the outer crazymakers, and CNBC.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Eleanor Roosevelt


Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Lanston Hughes

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain

The hero is no braver than the ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


In poorer times of my life, I've still afforded things of beauty, many of which I still have; still derive pleasure from. I'm going to make THOSE things, and have faith, and hope that you do, too. What do you do when you feel discouraged?







No comments:

Post a Comment