Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eco-friendly is the New Elegant

Don't you loathe thinking about the mountains of garbage piling up because we got tired of wearing something? Me, too. So I just have to love the new designers and craftspeople who are upcycling that mountain into a new genre of fashion. Here are some fun and flattering finds I discovered on Etsy:

This, from Berniesgirl is called Brownies Are Good.I love the crocheted upper, the extra long sleeves, and the mix of textures. And it's SUCH a good price! Click over to her website, and tell me I'm right!
This skirt from devilmademedoit has lots of attention to detail. I love the way that she uses the serging necessary to combine various fabrics as a slight ruffle, and having an asymmetrical hemline makes such a carefree finish.
Tipzthreads calls this Barefoot Forest Patchwork Hippie Dress. I love how she's used muted shades, and how the patches are centered down the front rather than completely random. You can tell that this creation came from a woman with a deep appreciation for natural beauty.

Thanks to those who are beginning to follow my little blog here. It's sweet to have a few friends to share my discoveries with. Remember to do something nice for our planet today... and something nice for yourself, too,dear lover of beauty!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more that "eco-friendly" is the new elegant. Not only are eco-friendly clothes beautiful in their own right, but what could be more elegant than shining on in something that "treads lightly on the earth"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This woman, selling tripzthreads is a thief. She robbed a ton of people on Etsy, claiming she was sick and couldn't fill orders on time. If you know where she is, please call the police. Thief!

    ReplyDelete