Friday, February 6, 2009

Songs in the Key of Color


Sweetdovedesigns made this suweet "Lollipop Garden Collage pillow".
















ruetabega made this "Striped Needle Felted Bowl."














eachdayisremarkable repurposed and created "It Had Me at Hello Wall Clock".




There is nothing like the pop and zing of bright color! Not every artist can get it right; too much, and it's assaulting, poorly designed, and it can border on annoying. These three have found that magic way of making color sing. Sweet Dove Designs' pillow takes scrapbooking off the page by transferring paper to fabric. The glow of vibrant color around each lollipop flower is perfect! The striped needle felted bowl by Ruetabega has the charm of Mayan or Peruvian art. The scintillating red stripe is daringly placed against lime green, and it works beautifully. Each Day is Remarkable's wall clock had me smiling- but when I read the name- "It Had me at Hello", and the story of how she created her piece, I was grinning from ear to ear. I love how the brick red numbers ground this piece visually, and allow the stripes and pattern to live in harmony.

So, thank you to my 3 featured artists today for bringing some artistic warmth and cheer into my world. And thanks to my new readers who are following me on this beauty quest. Stop and savor something bright and cheerful today! Drink in this simple pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment