Monday, February 16, 2009

Bohemian Beauties





I found 3 other Etsy artists working in Bohemian styled fashion. I love the whimsical, unique combination of textures and imagery. Each piece has an intentional aura all of its own. These are not simply things to be worn in appropriate situations. They are created to nurture the wearer in some unique way.

Valentine Hearts and Flowers earrings by Elysian Fields are made with vintage upcycled beads. It takes a lot of care and patience to comb through piles of discards looking for treasures like these. Some lucky person is going to get tons of smiles and compliments when she wears these reclaimed beauties.
Sacred Adornments has a stunning collection of jewelry with spiritual icons and religious medals. It was hard for me to select just one! Every piece she makes boldly uses many design elements without losing cohesion. In Sacred Journey Earrings, the smokey silver pearls and other silver components create unity.
Ixela's HOT CHOCOLATE scarflette has some crazy yarns! If you had told me that I was going to love something made with faux fur yarn, I would have given you the LOOK (if you have a teenage daughter, you may have seen the LOOK on occassion.) Ixela has won over a hard sell with me, and kudos to her for being a bold new designer. The elegance comes from a unique vision and great design.

If you know of other noteworthy Bohemian artists, feel free to leave comments. I showed you mine....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for showcasing my earrings with these talented artists.
    Valerie
    Elysian Field Originals

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome, Valerie! If I've helped others find their way to your creative world, we are all enriched.

    ReplyDelete