Sunday, March 15, 2009

Did You See That!!??!!!

I uploaded galleries of my pottery to FlickR yesterday, and of course I had to cruise through the spectacular eye candy by some seriously talented pro photographers. I'm never content just to look, though. I've got the worst case of "gee, I could do that" syndrome. My imagination runs wild; I am now a world traveling photographer with a portfolio of soul-inspiring shots! It's amazing what confidence owning Photoshop gives. So I messed around with masking and hue changes and came up with this piece, Datura. It's an evening-blooming huge trumpet flower that grows in the faraway place of my garden. I rather like the results, even though I may never be a famous art photographer in this lifetime.

I enjoy having a memory of summer's abundance on a wet winter day. Daturas are like God's magic show- right before your eyes, these ethereal beauties burst forth from unremarkable plants with cumbersome protrusions. Voila!

Did you see that!!??!!!

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstien

That's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment