Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Charisma

I named the necklace that I blogged about last week . Charisma. I had great titles suggested to me, and had almost chosen one when I wore it to a meeting last weekend and every single person there complimented me immediately! No kidding- people I was meeting for the first time said 'hello, I love your necklace.' The picture you see above is my daughter, not me- trust me, I don't generate automatic compliments like she does! Oh, to be 15 again. Without the hormones... anyway, back to my anecdote...

I proposed something that created a 2 hour discussion, and I had a feeling the whole time that I knew exactly what to say. In the end, everyone voted for my proposal- including those who had been fairly skeptical initially. Only later did I think about this necklace, and how the turquoise + copper + picture jasper + clay have properties that should allow you to speak convincingly; wisely.

So it is called charisma- A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent enthusiasm. Personal magnetism or charm.

Isn't it interesting that we don't really know how or why charisma works, where it comes from. I'm not sure how gemstones attract or hold certain properties either.

It just is that way.

Charisma is now in my Etsy store if you'd like to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment