Friday, April 10, 2009

Before and After



The first image was one I actually posted on Etsy when I first started out. Surprisingly, I sold 2 of these necklaces, despite the dreadful presentation! Both buyers gushed in my Feedback about how much prettier the piece was when they received it, and I thought at the time that they were just being kind. But now I'm thinking that hey! maybe I should get the photos to look as pretty as the pieces....ya think? So this is my new attempt.

If you want a snicker, look here- these are on my Etsy site now! I didn't take into account the crop that Etsy does for their gallery view at all! And at the time I wondered why everyone snatched these up at my studio but ignored them online. Now compare this!

I did my photo makeover in Photoshop Elements 5. I did a better crop, and clone tooled out the uneven neckline on my daughter's shirt. I balanced the lighting in levels, my new best friend. Then I selected the shirt and jumper and changed their colors to warmer tones, which make the jewelry pop out better.

So I guess I'm not an old dog after all.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~Attributed to Harry S. Truman

2 comments:

  1. What a difference! I guess it helps to listen between the lines even when a customer says something nice - like how much nicer the piece is in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really! It's like you have to have an opening in yourself to hear the truth sometimes.

    ReplyDelete