I recently stumbled upon a new type of artisan food shop specializing in flavored balsamic vinegars and olive oils. They are phenomenal! I made this simple, low fat, gluten and dairy free veggie dish in 30 min. Served in one of my flower bowls with brown rice, it was a perfect autumn evening meal.
Lemon Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Beets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 large clove of fresh garlic (crushed/minced)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 large head of fresh cauliflower
- 3 fresh beets
- zest of half a lemon
- Kosher salt
- 2 t lemon balsamic vinegar
- optional garnishes: chopped green onion tops, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together oil, curry, garlic and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Cut florets off cauliflower, and put in bowl.
- Cut beets into thin rounds.
- Sprinkle in the lemon zest and mix to coat.
- Spread the veggies on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of Kosher salt.
- Place in oven to roast for 25 minutes (turn a couple times during roasting), or until cauliflower is soft and caramelized in spots.
- Transfer to bowl, add balsamic vinegar and stir to coat
- Top with garnishes as you like
Here is the vinegar and olive oil I used
And the flower bowls, in Autumn glazes