Sunday, September 13, 2009

on a hike



We went hiking in Graveyard Fields this weekend, and saw how the leaves are just beginning to peel off summer's safe beauty and begin the wild magic show. I fell in the creek trying a daring move, and was not hurt at all. We laughed like we were little kids again.

Later we found bushes of wild blueberries, sweeter than any I have ever tasted. It is like falling in the water to put one in my mouth. I am suddenly filled with surprise.

There is so much goodness in the world. You know? It is wasteful not to notice.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right--it is wasteful not to take the moment of the day that is offered us, and to live it to it's fullness! I love this photo, and this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so serene and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete