Sunday, January 12, 2014

Clay Club Olympics

IMG_0833

Once a month Clay Club meets at a designated potter’s studio in Western North Carolina. If my schedule, obsession with my own work, and introverted moodiness allow, I go and always enjoy meeting and hanging out with my claymates. This January was the second annual Clay Olympics, with categories such as Biggest Thrown Vessel, Blindfolded Throwing, and Ugliest Face Jug. It was definitely the most fun I’ve had I ages. Free spirited, creative and dirty… these are my people.

IMG_0832 IMG_0834

Tallest Thrown Vessel

IMG_0838 IMG_0839

Blindfolded Throwing

IMG_0843 IMG_0844

Team Throwing

I entered Ugliest Face Jug, where we had 8 minutes to decorate a pre-thrown jug. Here is my entry:

IMG_0846

It was a tough competition with 20+ entries. I won 3rd place. The highlight was the experience of working side by side creatively with other potters. I want to do that more. Maybe I’ll take a class at Odyssey this year. I don’t have the temperament to work well with others but when it comes to play…. that’s easy.

Thank you, John Britt and Emily Reason, for creating and managing the NC ClayClub.

No comments:

Post a Comment