Friday, February 17, 2012

Birds Nest Casserole

I made this casserole extra large. it is 4 qts. I didn’t like the way it photographed on my white staging table, so I moved it to the old enamel table in my kitchen. I had to move the table around to get nice soft light, but I am really happy with these shots.  I am using more food styling. The buttermilk is from a local dairy and the organic eggs are local, too. There is nothing like real farm fresh food.  We are fortunate here in Asheville to have so many farmers markets and organic grocery stores that support our local growers and farmers.

 

 

Here is the Birds Nest casserole in my Etsy store. A bird's nest with eggs is a symbol of prosperity, comfort and good fortune on it's way.

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Lee. I really love the third one down! I think the last image would be my favorite, but the seam in the table cuts it and draws my eye away from your lovely pot. The 3rd one down is soft and very pleasing on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good feedback! I think I'll change my lead photo on Etsy to that one. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. We like the 3rd one the best as well, but could make a case for the second one too. Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really helps to have opinions- sometimes I just can't step away and see it fresh. Well, the casserole sold (yay!) but I will use that set up again.

      Delete